Working at the WAC
The WAC provides jobs in a variety of departments, including athletics, hotel, and food and beverage operations. We seek individuals who are dedicated to being the best and willing to embrace the Club’s five core values: leadership, excellence, integrity, service, sensitivity.
WAC Benefits Include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employee wellness program
- Vacation and sick leave
- Club service discounts
- Bus pass subsidy
- Daily lunch
- Fitness reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
Benefits listed apply to full-time non-union employees. Questions? Contact Human Resources at 206.839.4794. The WAC is an equal opportunity employer.
The Washington Athletic Club is proud to have a drug-free environment. All employment offers are contingent upon applicant successfully completing drug screening and background screening. The WAC participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. EOE.
There’s a safe haven for the Washington Athletic Club’s youngest members. WeeWACs childcare center is fully licensed and provides a safe, fun, and developmentally appropriate environment for infants to 6-year-olds. Kids thrive with personalized, stimulating care and delight in special activities, such as music, cooking and crafts. Our center offers our club members both full-day and drop-in childcare.
Currently, we are looking to add two part-time team members.
On average, our center has a 4:1 ratio, so our kids get excellent attention and our care provider’s are not overwhelmed.
Applicants must have at least one year of childcare experience and experience working with infants. Minimum 30 hours Stars Registry Training is preferred but can be completed during employment. Infant CPR and First Aid Trained is a plus. Experience includes skills as a babysitter, nanny, or ECE.
We are looking for candidates who have effective communication skills, enjoy connecting with parents and children, and have a customer service focus.
The Washington Athletic Club is looking for a Part-Time barber to join our fun family!
We offer a built-in clientele and we recently remodeled to provide state-of-the-art equipment!
- Provide top-quality service every time in services such as cutting, shampooing, beard and mustache trims, and scalp massage
- Offer trends in basic haircuts to creative looks and adjust to clientele needs
- Facilitate consistent and time-effective appointment scheduling
- Work seamlessly with the spa operations manager and other barbers/stylists to market, promote and improve programs and services
- Oversee building WAC clientele and encouraging recurring members to schedule appointments
Utility Engineer-Entry Level-FT
The Washington Athletic Club is currently seeking a Utility/Entry Level Engineer. Responsibilities include installation, repairs, and maintenance of all mechanical systems. This is a Journey level position, and the successful candidate will possess strong troubleshooting and repair skills in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC disciplines. The candidate will be adept in the use of hand and power tools, and should have basic machinist, welding, and fabrication skills. City of Seattle Refrigeration Certification is a plus.
· Carryout all duties using safe work practices.
· Respond to fire alarms and provide appropriate support.
· Recommend building repair and maintenance requirements.
· Continuously improve the scope of preventative and predictive maintenance.
· Respond and take immediate corrective action to floods, leaks, spills, wiring problems, unusual odors and other problems as necessary.
· Responsible for all facilities mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and control equipment including installation, troubleshooting and repair.
· Respond to reports of elevator problems and take appropriate corrective action.
· Repair, upgrade and maintain a wide variety of building systems.
· Clean and maintain mechanical areas and related equipment daily if necessary, and organize next day’s work.
Please see our full job ad on Indeed
At the Washington Athletic Club, we are looking for an Overnight Bell Attendant/Doorman that provides excellent service to our members every time. We are excited to add to our team!
Shifts will vary from 3 pm – 11 pm and 11 pm- 7 am
The Bellman is a key hospitality position of the WAC. This team member greets and welcomes members and guests, and is responsible for transporting luggage to and from the guest room.
This team member must be attentive and engaging, proactive, and has the ability to anticipate and understand the guest’s needs. This job requires a professional demeanor and upbeat personality.
We are seeking candidates that enjoy teamwork, communicates effectively and are able to manage high and low workloads. Position requires long periods of standing and/or walking, as well as the ability to lift or push/pull up to 100 lbs.
The WAC is currently looking for a busser/server assistant to help out our restaurant operations!
The position is approximately 25-30 hours per week. A current food handler’s permit is required. This position requires long periods of walking and standing and requires the ability to lift or push/pull up to 50 lbs. The right candidate will also have the ability to communicate effectively with Club membership and fellow team members.
This is a union position with union dues. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age to join the union.
Temporary Laundry Attendant-PT
The Washington Athletic Club is seeking a talented individual to help us out in our Laundry Department through the holidays.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES The Laundry Attendant position is primarily responsible to maintain the continuous operation of the Laundry Department Washer and Dryer machinery. The secondary responsibility is to assist other Team Members, whom are assigned to Feed / Fold duties, with those duties. Safety is a consideration at all times. Protect yourself and your Team – watch out for each other. This is a Temporary, Part-Time Position through the end of December with potential to extend longer. It is 4 days/28 hours per week.
• 1+ year(s) of successful production type work experience (laundry preferred), or the equivalent.
• Ability to communicate effectively with members and team members.
The Washington Athletic Club is looking for a Part-Time server for one of our club’s exclusive restaurants.
- PM Server 4 nights 4:30-9pm
- Lunch Server 3-4 days 11pm-2:30pm
These are Union Positions
What we are looking for:
– 2 years upscale dining experience required
– A high ability to communicate effectively and build trusting relationships with our clientele.
– Must possess a current food handler’s permit and a Class 12 or 13 alcohol service certification permit, issued by the State of Washington.
Please note that this is a union position.
$300 Signing Bonus after 90 days!
The Washington Athletic Club’s Inn at the WAC is looking for a Lead Housekeeper to join our team! We have one full-time position open immediately. We are looking for a Customer Service focused team member who enjoys engaging in conversation with our members and guests.
-Collect and verify room report cards and communicate discrepancies to guest reception
-Inspect rooms after cleaning. Provide leadership and coaching to room attendants to improve areas of opportunity
-Complete special cleaning projects as needed
-Clean guest room as necessary.
-Record information in housekeeping log book.
-Update room status properly in the PMS system
-Proper administration of lost and found procedures
Please see full ad on Glassdoor
Women’s Fitness/Locker Room Attendant-PT
At the Washington Athletic Club, we are looking for a part-time Fitness Front Desk team member to provide excellent service to our members every time.
The right candidate will have evening and weekend availability.
Greet, meet, engage and provide responsive service to members. Ensure the upkeep and safety of the women’s locker room: transport both clean and soiled linens, maintain the cleanliness of shower and dressing areas and handle various administrative tasks as needed.
Applicant must have:
– Friendly and positive demeanor
– Guest service experience is a plus
– Basic Computer knowledge
– Works well with a team
– Lift/Move at least 40lbs.
Please note that the job descriptions on this page are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.