Working at the WAC
The WAC provides jobs in a variety of departments, including athletics, hotel, and food and beverage operations. We seek individuals who are dedicated to being the best and willing to embrace the Club’s five core values: leadership, excellence, integrity, service, sensitivity.
WAC Benefits Include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employee wellness program
- Vacation and sick leave
- Club service discounts
- Bus pass subsidy
- Daily lunch
- Fitness reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
Benefits listed apply to full-time non-union employees. Questions? Contact Human Resources at 206.839.4794. The WAC is an equal opportunity employer.
The Washington Athletic Club is proud to have a drug-free environment. All employment offers are contingent upon applicant successfully completing drug screening and background screening. The WAC participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. EOE.
Payroll & HR Specialist
The HR and Payroll Specialist is responsible for wage, salary, and benefit data collection, analysis, payrolls, problem-solving, and reporting, also functions as an HR person, and is accountable for union and non-represented day-to-day payroll and benefit administration. The position serves as a resource to WAC Team Members and departments, and enhances the WAC’s mission through, for example, responding to Team Member and department payroll or benefit questions, or getting pay and benefit problems taken care of promptly and fixing underlying matters.
Please see our full job description and Indeed and Glassdoor.
Barista/ Retail Associate
The Washington Athletic Club is seeking a part-time barista/ cashier for our club shop.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous barista experience
- Retail experience
- Initiative and ability to work with little supervision
- A cheerful and friendly attitude
- This position is 3 swing shifts from 1pm to 8pm.
There’s a safe haven for the Washington Athletic Club’s youngest members. WeeWACs childcare center is fully licensed and provides a safe, fun, and developmentally appropriate environment for infants to 6-year-olds. Kids thrive with personalized, stimulating care and delight in special activities, such as music, cooking and crafts. Our center offers our club members both full-day and drop-in childcare.
Currently, we are looking to add one part-time team member.
On average, our center has a 4:1 ratio, so our kids get excellent attention and our care provider’s are not overwhelmed.
Applicants must have at least one year of childcare experience and experience working with infants. Minimum 30 hours Stars Registry Training is preferred but can be completed during employment. Infant CPR and First Aid Trained is a plus. Experience includes skills as a babysitter, nanny, or ECE.
We are looking for candidates who have effective communication skills, enjoy connecting with parents and children, and have a customer service focus.
We are looking for a Spa Coordinator that is nurturing, engaging, professional, and has a natural and genuine ability to ensure our club members have a memorable spa experience. The Spa Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the front desk operation, and Member service coordination. Daily responsibilities include scheduling, front desk sales, administrative support, promotion and selling of our spa products, and display and visual presentation. Makeup artist license a plus.
Men’s Fitness Attendant-PT
We are looking for a Part-Time fitness attendant to provide excellent service to our members every time. Hours are early mornings on Saturday and Sunday.
Your responsibilities include:
-checking in members
-scheduling appointments for our members
-maintaining safe, clean, and organized lounge/gym/locker areas
-ability to lift/move at least 40 lbs
-knowledge of basic computer functions
-being punctual, friendly, and a team player
We are currently looking for A Part-Time Restaurant Host to join our team! This position will be in Torchy’s, an upscale-casual full-service restaurant within the WAC.
Tuesday-Saturday 4:30pm – 9pm
The right candidate will be friendly and cheerful with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once!
Applicants must have at least one year of customer service experience and a current food handler’s permit or ability to obtain a permit. Previous upscale restaurant experience is a plus.
Licensed Massage Therapist-PT
The Washington Athletic Club is looking for its next massage therapist. We provide massage therapy for our members through our in-house spa. Applicants must be willing to provide exceptional service to our members and have some flexibility in scheduling. Applicants must also have at least one year of experience and a current Washington state license.
The WAC provides an exceptional work environment for massage therapists. We have an established clientele base with no rental fee for massage rooms.
We are looking for a therapist with experience in some or all of the following modalities: Cupping Massage, Ashi, Table Thai, Intraoral. Please describe your experience in your application.
Assistant A/V & Banquet Manager-FT
The Washington Athletic Club is currently seeking a full-time Assistant Banquet Manager to support our many banquet events, such as weddings, conferences and private dinner parties.
This position is primarily responsible for:
– Functions as a shift supervisor working closely with the Banquet Manager and is responsible for Member & Guest banquet standards and smooth operations.
– Supervises the day to day operation of audio visual unit including but not limited to the set up audio-visual equipment according to required specifications of event orders to ensure optimal level of service, quality and hospitality.
– Will assist with scheduling, training, timekeeping, payroll, daily accounting, inventory & ordering for the department.
– Providing excellent customer service to club members, guests, and other team members.
A qualified candidate will possess:
– At least 2 years of supervisory experience in a banquet environment.
– Advanced computer skills.
-Excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
– Ability to provide a high level of customer service in a professional and friendly manner.
– Ability to stand and walk for a minimum of 8 hours per day; ability to lift 75 pounds.
– Willing to work a flexible schedule; including weekends and holidays.
The Washington Athletic Club is searching for a part-time lifeguard. Come join our fun and energetic aquatics team!
• Hold current certification in American Red Cross lifeguarding, or able to complete on-site training course. We can help you certify.
• Strong swimming ability
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team in an aquatic environment
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs to waist level
• Prior experience teaching swim lessons preferred
The WAC is currently looking for a busser/server assistant to help out our restaurant operations!
The position is approximately 25-30 hours per week. A current food handler’s permit is required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Restaurant experience preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain a food handler certification card
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds
The Washington Athletic Club is looking for a Part-Time Cocktail Server for one of our club’s exclusive restaurants. This position is 5 days per week, approximately 25-30 hours.
What we are looking for:
– 2 years upscale dining experience required
– A high ability to communicate effectively and build trusting relationships with our clientele.
– Must possess a current food handler’s permit and a Class 12 or 13 alcohol service certification permit, issued by the State of Washington.
The WAC is looking for an all-star personal trainer to join our team of professionals.
- Being passionate about creating an exceptional personal training experience for members
- Ability to contribute and participate in a results driven team environment
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service and member retention
- 1 year of personal training experience is preferred or equivalent industry-related experience may qualify.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certification
- Degree in sports science, kinesiology, exercise fitness or related field
Hotel Front Desk
The WAC is looking for a full-time Front Desk Associate to join our team! The person in this position assists guests and members staying at the hotel through provision of engaged, friendly, and authentic customer service.
What we are looking for:
Ideal candidate shows ability to work in a fast paced environment, and is able to stay focused during slower times.
This position is Full-Time, 5 days per week, from 3pm to 11pm with the ability to work some Holidays.
Person that will succeed in this position enjoys teamwork and collaboration, and is able to manage conflict. In addition, successful candidate uses professional verbiage in all customer and team member interactions.
We are looking for candidates who seek an entry level position in a professional club environment, and would like to be part of the team that provides meaningful, engaged and professional customer service to our patrons.