Working at the WAC
The WAC provides jobs in a variety of departments, including athletics, hotel, and food and beverage operations. We seek individuals who are dedicated to being the best and willing to embrace the Club’s five core values: leadership, excellence, integrity, service, sensitivity.
WAC Benefits Include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employee wellness program
- Vacation and sick leave
- Club service discounts
- Bus pass subsidy
- Daily lunch
- Fitness reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
Benefits listed apply to full-time non-union employees. Questions? Contact Human Resources at 206.839.4794. The WAC is an equal opportunity employer.
The Washington Athletic Club is proud to have a drug-free environment. All employment offers are contingent upon applicant successfully completing drug screening and background screening. The WAC participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. EOE.
There’s a safe haven for the Washington Athletic Club’s youngest members. WeeWACs childcare center is fully licensed and provides a safe, fun, and developmentally appropriate environment for infants to 6-year-olds. Kids thrive with personalized, stimulating care and delight in special activities, such as music, cooking and crafts. Our center offers our club members both full-day and drop-in childcare.
Currently, we are looking to add two part-time team members.
On average, our center has a 4:1 ratio, so our kids get excellent attention and our care provider’s are not overwhelmed.
Applicants must have at least one year of childcare experience and experience working with infants. Minimum 30 hours Stars Registry Training is preferred but can be completed during employment. Infant CPR and First Aid Trained is a plus. Experience includes skills as a babysitter, nanny, or ECE.
We are looking for candidates who have effective communication skills, enjoy connecting with parents and children, and have a customer service focus.
Barber-FT and PT
The Washington Athletic Club is looking for a Full-Time and a Part-Time barber to join our fun family!
We offer a built-in clientele and we recently remodeled to provide state-of-the-art equipment!
- Provide top-quality service every time in services such as cutting, shampooing, beard and mustache trims, and scalp massage
- Offer trends in basic haircuts to creative looks and adjust to clientele needs
- Facilitate consistent and time-effective appointment scheduling
- Work seamlessly with the spa operations manager and other barbers/stylists to market, promote and improve programs and services
- Oversee building WAC clientele and encouraging recurring members to schedule appointments
We are looking for a hair stylist who specializes in both cut and color. Our salon has an established and loyal clientele, so you can be busy right away. We use Davines color line, Kevin Murphy, Loma and Moroccan oil hair care. Position could move into FT.
A little bit about us:
• We already have a clientele for you, all we need is you
• Specialize in both cut, color and special occasion hair
• Work with top of the line product lines: Davines, Moroccan Oil and Kevin Murphy
• Get paid to get educated and learn latest the industry has to offer
The Nail Technician is responsible for successful Member and Guest consultations and nail, hand & foot therapy services at the WAC Spa. This positions is accountable for a wide variety of professional services for nail care including recommending shaping, coloring, cuticle care, hand and arm massage, lower leg and foot massage, skin conditioning, client home care, and administrative services. The position enhances the WAC’s mission with nurturing a friendly and professional environment, assuring nail technician services and reflects Member expectations, personally providing legendary services that enhance the Member’s style and appearance.
- Greets and welcomes Members and Guests, consults with and provides exceptional and customized attention to concerns and expectations, and works closely with Members natural nails, styles, colors, skin conditioning, as well as hand and foot massage therapies and home care product.
- Provides nail technician services such as shaping, coloring, cuticle care, hand and arm massage, lower leg and foot massage, and operates nippers, nail trimmers, abrasives, files & buffers, and other equipment.
- Keeps up on nail technician training and continuing education, procedures, styling, industry trends, fashions, and observes WAC rules and practices.
- Works closely with the Spa Operations Manager and other Spa Team Members to market, promote, and improve programs and services.
The WAC is currently looking for a busser/server assistant to help out our restaurant operations!
The position is approximately 25-30 hours per week. A current food handler’s permit is required. This position requires long periods of walking and standing and requires the ability to lift or push/pull up to 50 lbs. The right candidate will also have the ability to communicate effectively with Club membership and fellow team members.
This is a union position with union dues. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age to join the union.
We are currently looking for A Part Time Restaurant Host to join our team! This position will be in Torchy’s, an upscale-casual full-service restaurant within the WAC.
Wednesday-Saturday 4:30pm – 9pm
The right candidate will be friendly and cheerful with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once!
Applicants must have at least one year of customer service experience and a current food handler’s permit or ability to obtain a permit. Previous upscale restaurant experience is a plus.
Hotel Front Desk-PT
The WAC is looking for a Part-Time Front Desk Associate to join our team! A person in this position assists guests and members staying at the hotel through provision of engaged, friendly, and authentic customer service.
What we are looking for:
Ideal candidate shows ability to work in a fast paced environment, and is able to stay focused during slower times.
The person that will succeed in this position enjoys teamwork and collaboration, and is able to manage conflict. In addition, successful candidate uses professional verbiage in all customer and team member interactions.
We are looking for candidates who seek an entry level position in a professional club environment, and would like to be part of the team that provides meaningful, engaged and professional customer service to our patrons.
We are looking for flexible availability for 4 days per week/approx 25 hours.
The Washington Athletic Club is looking for a Full Time Janitor to support the operations end of the club business. Our Janitor is responsible for providing members and guests with a clean, well-maintained clubhouse and performing any tasks assigned in a cheerful and pleasant manner, always being courteous to members and co-workers.
$300 Signing bonus after 90 days of employment!
This is a physical job involving lifting and pushing up to 100lbs with some frequency.
• Perform all duties in conformance with facility safety and infection control policies.
• Assist Building Operations Manager and engineers as directed.
• Routinely inspect and pick up all garbage from the lobby, 2nd and 3rd floor kitchen, and Torchy’s.
• Vacuum carpets when requested.
• Maintain all club areas and essential equipment such as windows, exit signs, hallways, stairways, doors, and ceilings.
• Dispose of garbage as directed in a timely manner. Demonstrate a professional demeanor.
• Check restrooms four times a day, and replenish supplies as is necessary.
• Maintain equipment in clean and working order.
• Store supplies and equipment in appropriate areas.
• Report any repairs that need to be done.
Associate Graphic Designer-FT
The Associate Graphic Designer is first and foremost an enthusiastic curious and productive designer who is ready to hone his/her existing skills across a variety of mediums and projects.
The WAC creative team drives the marketing communication goals of the Club in a thriving , collaborative environment of clear communication, problem-solving, and mutual support. While each member of the Creative Team has a specialty, the team is also able to nimbly support the demands of any WAC medium when the occasion calls for it.
WAC communications mediums include:
Print: Award-winning WAC Magazine editorial and ads, posters, corporate identity items, department brand campaigns, signage, brochures, direct mail
Digital: Award-Winning wac.net, digital newsletters, videos, member emails, digital signage, social media, WAC app (coming soon)
Please see our full ad on Indeed.
Please note that the job descriptions on this page are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.