Working at the WAC
The WAC provides jobs in a variety of departments, including athletics, hotel, and food and beverage operations. We seek individuals who are dedicated to being the best and willing to embrace the Club’s five core values: leadership, excellence, integrity, service, sensitivity.
WAC Benefits Include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employee wellness program
- Vacation and sick leave
- Club service discounts
- Bus pass subsidy
- Daily lunch
- Fitness reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
Benefits listed apply to full-time non-union employees. Questions? Contact Human Resources at 206.464.3085. The WAC is an equal opportunity employer.
The Washington Athletic Club is proud to have a drug-free environment. All employment offers are contingent upon applicant successfully completing drug screening and background screening. The WAC participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. EOE.
$300 Bonus after 90 days of employment!!
The Inn at the Wac is looking for a Room Attendant to join our Housekeeping Team! We have a full-time position available. We are looking for a customer service-focused team member who enjoys engaging in conversation with our members and guests.
- Previous housekeeping experience (preferred)
- The ability to be on your feet 8 hours per day
- The ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- CPR certification is desirable but not required
Please note that this is a union position
· Respond to fire alarms and provide appropriate support.
· Recommend building repair and maintenance requirements.
· Continuously improve the scope of preventative and predictive maintenance.
· Respond and take immediate corrective action to floods, leaks, spills, wiring problems, unusual odors and other problems as necessary.
· Responsible for all facilities mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and control equipment including installation, troubleshooting and repair.
· Respond to reports of elevator problems and take appropriate corrective action.
· Repair, upgrade and maintain a wide variety of building systems.
· Clean and maintain mechanical areas and related equipment daily if necessary, and organize next day’s work.A qualified candidate will possess:· Must be rated at journey level engineer, possess basic welding skills and ability to use a wide variety of mechanical tools, both hand and power.
· Proficient in basic computer operation, experience with MS Office, a plus.
· City of Seattle Refrigeration Certification a plus.
· A high ability to communicate effectively with members and team members both in person and on the phone.
· Physical requirements include the ability to lift 100lbs to shoulder height, bending, kneeling, crawling without restriction and working an 8-hour shift without sitting except for breaks.
There’s a safe haven for the Washington Athletic Club’s youngest members. WeeWACs childcare center is fully licensed and provides a safe, fun, and developmentally appropriate environment for infants to 6-year-olds. Kids thrive with personalized, stimulating care and delight in special activities, such as music, cooking and crafts. Our center offers our club members both full-day and drop-in childcare.
Currently, we are looking to add one part-time team member.
On average, our center has a 4:1 ratio, so our kids get excellent attention and our care provider’s are not overwhelmed.
Applicants must have at least one year of childcare experience and experience working with infants. Minimum 30 hours Stars Registry Training is preferred but can be completed during employment. Infant CPR and First Aid Trained is a plus. Experience includes skills as a babysitter, nanny, or ECE.
We are looking for candidates who have effective communication skills, enjoy connecting with parents and children, and have a customer service focus.
We are looking for a Spa Coordinator that is nurturing, engaging, professional, and has a natural and genuine ability to ensure our club members have a memorable spa experience. The Spa Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the front desk operation, and Member service coordination. Daily responsibilities include scheduling, front desk sales, administrative support, promotion and selling of our spa products, and display and visual presentation. Makeup artist license a plus.
The Washington Athletic Club is currently looking for a Part-Time Restaurant Host to join our team! This position will be in Torchy’s, an upscale-casual full-service restaurant within the WAC.
The right candidate will be friendly and cheerful with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once!
Applicants must have at least one year of customer service experience and a current food handler’s permit or ability to obtain a permit. Previous upscale restaurant experience is a plus.
The WAC is seeking a new Financial Controller to help lead our accounting team!
The Controller is responsible for leadership, management, and supervision of the WAC’s Accounting team, and is accountable for the integrity of financial and accounting information, budgets, payroll, controls, receivables, reports, taxes, investments, computer systems, and teamwork throughout the department. The position also performs duties of the Chief Financial Officer, in the CFO’s absence, serves as a resource to WAC departments, and enhances the WAC’s mission through, for example, Accounting team member responsiveness to member inquiries, overseeing payroll processing, and safeguarding WAC accounting and data systems. Please visit our Glassdoor page to see our full job description.
- The person holding this position must have seven to ten years of progressively successful finance, accounting, and information system management, supervisory, and professional experience with outstanding skills in hospitality industry problem solving, accounting supervision, and finance management, or equivalent.
- Completion of a B.A. or B.S. degree in accounting or equivalent is required.
- CPA is preferred but not required.
- Experience working with Section 501 (c)(3).
- Proficiency in Excel, tableau and other financial planning and analysis skills required.
- A high ability to communicate effectively with members and team members both in person, in writing and on the phone.
Catering Sales Manager-FT
We are looking for the new face of our Catering department. The holidays are almost upon us and we have a busy season ahead.
- A STRONG sales background is necessary for this position-a proven track record in meeting and exceeding previous sales goals is a must!
- Minimum of 2 years catering sales experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year hotel/private club experience. Experience in 4 and 5 start hotels is preferred.
- Experience with catering database software, Microsoft Excel, Work, and Outlook.
- Proven time-management skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional image and demeanor is essential.
Please visit our Glassdoor page to see our full job description.
The Washington Athletic Club is looking for a PT customer service superstars to join the valet team. Applicants must have at least one year of upscale customer service experience; previous valet/garage experience is a plus.
Valid WA Drivers License
Applicants must be able to lift 40 pounds repeatedly, be on their feet for the whole shift, have an excellent driving record, and be able to drive all types of vehicles.
This job is for Saturday and Sunday, 3pm to 11pm,
The Washington Athletic Club’s Inn at the WAC is looking for a Lead Housekeeper to join our team! We have one full-time position open immediately. We are looking for a Customer Service focused team member who enjoys engaging in conversation with our members and guests.
-Collect and verify room report cards and communicate discrepancies to guest reception
-Inspect rooms after cleaning. Provide leadership and coaching to room attendants to improve areas of opportunity
-Complete special cleaning projects as needed
-Clean guest room as necessary.
-Record information in housekeeping log book.
-Update room status properly in the PMS system
-Proper administration of lost and found procedures
Please visit our Glasdoor page to see our full job description.