Working at the WAC
The WAC provides jobs in a variety of departments, including athletics, hotel, and food and beverage operations. We seek individuals who are dedicated to being the best and willing to embrace the Club’s five core values: leadership, excellence, integrity, service, sensitivity.
WAC Benefits Include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employee wellness program
- Vacation and sick leave
- Club service discounts
- Bus pass subsidy
- Daily lunch
- Fitness reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
Benefits listed apply to full-time non-union employees. Questions? Contact Human Resources at 206.839.4794. The WAC is an equal opportunity employer.
The Washington Athletic Club is proud to have a drug-free environment. All employment offers are contingent upon applicant successfully completing drug screening and background screening. The WAC participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. EOE.
The Carpenter’s primary responsibility is the performance and completion of immediate work orders that are requested along with scheduled predictive and preventative maintenance tasks, by various departments. These tasks are performed on equipment including, but not limited to hotel guest rooms, athletic departments, and general work throughout the Club.
- Carry out all duties using safe work practices
- Recommend building repair and maintenance requirements
- Repair and Maintenance of various surfaces and materials
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and manage tasks based on member-impact and time-sensitivity
- Responsible for researching and recommending material vendors, and maintaining adequate material supply levels
- Must be able to work alone and in a diverse team environment
- Attend staff meetings and participate in contributing to successful attainment of the WAC mission, vision, and values
- Clean and maintain work areas and related equipment daily, if necessary, and organize next day’s work
- Must be able to appear for work on time, to cope with job stress, to follow directions from a supervisor, to interact well with co-workers, members and guests, and to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
Hotel Front Desk-PT
The WAC is looking for a part-time Front Desk Associate to join our team! The person in this position assists guests and members staying at the hotel through provision of engaged, friendly, and authentic customer service.
What we are looking for:
Ideal candidate shows ability to work in a fast paced environment, and is able to stay focused during slower times.
This position is Part-Time with the ability to work some Holidays.
The person that will succeed in this position enjoys teamwork and collaboration, and is able to manage conflict. In addition, successful candidate uses professional verbiage in all customer and team member interactions.
We are looking for candidates who seek an entry level position in a professional club environment, and would like to be part of the team that provides meaningful, engaged and professional customer service to our patrons.
The Washington Athletic Club is looking for a Full Time Janitor to support the operations end of the club business. Our Janitor is responsible for providing members and guests with a clean, well-maintained clubhouse and performing any tasks assigned in a cheerful and pleasant manner, always being courteous to members and co-workers.
$300 Signing bonus after 90 days of employment!
This is a physical job involving lifting and pushing up to 100lbs with some frequency.
• Perform all duties in conformance with facility safety and infection control policies.
• Assist Building Operations Manager and engineers as directed.
• Routinely inspect and pick up all garbage from the lobby, 2nd and 3rd floor kitchen, and Torchy’s.
• Vacuum carpets when requested.
• Maintain all club areas and essential equipment such as windows, exit signs, hallways, stairways, doors, and ceilings.
• Dispose of garbage as directed in a timely manner. Demonstrate a professional demeanor.
• Check restrooms four times a day, and replenish supplies as is necessary.
• Maintain equipment in clean and working order.
• Store supplies and equipment in appropriate areas.
• Report any repairs that need to be done.
The Washington Athletic Club’s Inn at the WAC is looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to join our team! We have one full-time position open immediately. We are looking for a Customer Service focused team member who enjoys engaging in conversation with our members and guests.
-Collect and verify room report cards and communicate discrepancies to guest reception
-Inspect rooms after cleaning. Provide leadership and coaching to room attendants to improve areas of opportunity
-Complete special cleaning projects as needed
-Clean guest room as necessary.
-Record information in housekeeping log book.
-Update room status properly in the PMS system
-Proper administration of lost and found procedures
$300 BONUS AFTER 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT!!!!
The Washington Athletic Club’s Inn at the WAC is looking for a Room Attendant to join our Housekeeping Team! We have a full-time position available. We are looking for a Customer Service focused team member who enjoys engaging in conversation with our members and guests. Previous housekeeping experience is preferred. The ability to be on your feet 8 hours per day and the ability to lift up to 20 pounds is required. CPR Certification is desirable but not required.
The Washington Athletic Club is looking for a Part-Time Cocktail Server for one of our club’s exclusive restaurants. This position is 5 days per week, approximately 25-30 hours.
What we are looking for:
– 2 years upscale dining experience required
– A high ability to communicate effectively and build trusting relationships with our clientele.
– Must possess a current food handler’s permit and a Class 12 or 13 alcohol service certification permit, issued by the State of Washington.