About the WAC
Assistant Banquet Manager (Downtown Seattle)
The Washington Athletic Club is currently seeking a full-time Assistant Banquet Manager to support our many banquet events, such as weddings, conferences and private dinner parties.
This position is primarily responsible for:
- Functions as a shift supervisor working closely with the Banquet Manager and is responsible for Member & Guest banquet standards and smooth operations.
- Supervises the day to day operation of audio visual unit including but not limited to the set up audio-visual equipment according to required specifications of event orders to ensure optimal level of service, quality and hospitality.
- Will assist with scheduling, training, timekeeping, payroll, daily accounting, inventory & ordering for the department.
- Providing excellent customer service to club members, guests, and other team members.
A qualified candidate will possess:
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience in a banquet environment.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service in a professional and friendly manner.
- Ability to stand and walk for a minimum of 8 hours per day; ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule; including weekends and holidays.
Human Resources Generalist (Seattle)
A prestigious and long established downtown business seeks an HR professional to join their team. The ideal candidate needs to care for and be energized by the people they support. This candidates service ethic must be exemplary. This position will touch all facets of the Human Resource process with an emphasis in benefit administration. If you are a candidate that is ready for the next step in your career consider our position a must apply.
- Administration of benefits programs — medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance; as well as COBRA administration.
- Oversight and management of yearly open enrollment and renewal process.
- Management and administration of company 401(k) and pension plans, including all required federal reporting and auditing procedures.
- Worker’s Compensation and Leave of Absence (including FMLA) administration and management.
- Management and oversight of HR internship program.
- Providing management training in areas of expertise; serving as a resource for questions regarding employee relations, employment law, and overall HR strategy.
- Administrative tasks as needed — billing, employee paperwork, etc.
- 3+ years of progressively successful HR experience.
- 2+ years of benefits administration and management, familiarity with multiple plans and the new Affordable Care Act regulations is a plus.
- Knowledge of HR best practices and familiarity with major state and federal employment laws.
- Strong communication and presentation skills — both verbal and written.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, HR or a related field is preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, as well as experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and HRIS databases is necessary. Experience with payroll and/or payroll systems is a plus.
Interested in this great opportunity? Please send resume to email@example.com
Click HERE to complete our application.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Contact Human Resources at 206.464.3067.back to top