About the WAC
The Washington Athletic Club is currently seeking its next Aquatics Supervisor. The Aquatics Supervisor is a hands-on position responsible for successful leadership and smooth operations of the WAC’s Junior and Master Swim Teams, swim instruction, and aquatics programs; and is accountable for program planning, budgeting, billing, scheduling, promotion, supervision, pool chemistry and maintenance, and day-to-day Member services. This position is primarily responsible for:
- Works closely with the Athletic Programs Manager and Athletic Department Administrative Assistant to plan and prepare staffing, scheduling, budgets, purchasing, rentals, billings and other matters.
- Supervises aquatics professional staff and is responsible for recruiting, selection, motivating, certifications, and continuing education; monitors team certifications; and oversees group swimming lessons, Junior and Master Swim Teams.
- Maintains pool to meet state and county health department guidelines including testing, inspection, records, cleaning, and filter and automation equipment. Also orders and inventories chemicals and supplies.
- Enforces aquatics safety and health guide lines, performs duties of a Lifeguard and Swim Instructor, and is responsible for emergency service duties including 911 calls, CPR, or first aid.
A qualified candidate will possess:
- The person holding this position must have three to five years of progressively successful swim coach, instruction, lifeguard and supervisory experience with outstanding people, public relations, problem solving, communications, program planning, and training skills, or equivalent.
- Completion of a B.A. or B. S. degree in liberal arts or an exercise program related field with certifications in Lifeguard Training, Community First Aid and Safety, CPR for Professional Rescuer, Certified Pool Operator, Water Safety Instructor (WSI), and Lifeguard Training Instructor, or equivalent, is required.
Fitness Center Front Desk
The Washington Athletic Club is looking for multiple new athletic desk attendants!
A part-time and weekends position available on the womens only floor.
A full-time position available Monday-Friday 1:30-10pm on the Mens ONLY floor. Applicants must have a professional demeanor and at least one year of customer service experience. This position is member services oriented with some “light cleaning” duties.
Lobby Club Shop Positions
The Lobby Club Shop at the Washington Athletic Club is looking for two part-time customer service superstars to join the team as a barista and/or sales associate. This position will be approximately 20 hours per week. Applicants must be able to work early morning and weekend shifts. Previous retail sales experience is highly preferred. At least six months of previous barista experience.
P/T Medical Wellness Receptionist
The Washington Athletic Club is currently seeking a wellness receptionist to support our physical therapists, naturopaths, and other providers within the Club.
Please note: The hours for this position are:
7:45 am -7 pm and 7:45 am – 5 pm. 2-3 days a week.
This position is primarily responsible for:
- Welcoming all Club members/patients that visit the wellness center.
- Checking in patients, handling intake forms and medical records.
- Scheduling daily appointments and managing provider calendars.
- Insurance verification and billing.
- Routine office work — answering phones and emails, ordering supplies, preparing reports, etc.
A qualified candidate will possess:
- Previous medical reception experience.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Familiarity with HCFA, HIPAA, and other industry standards.
- Experience with insurance verification and medical records management.
- Excellent client relations and communication skills.
- A warm personality and professional appearance.
Click HERE to complete our application.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Contact Human Resources at 206.464.3067.back to top