About the WAC
Join the WAC
Our five floors of fitness offerings are just the beginning.
We’re sure you’ll also love our …
- Swank cocktail lounge with a can’t-miss happy hour
- Social clubs that are always game for a good time
- Deep wine cellar and exclusive tasting events
When it is time to work out, try our …
- High-intensity group training
- Triathlon club and indoor lap pool
- 350-member basketball league
We’re a Thriving Community
Go beyond the thousands of square feet of athletic space you’ll explore. We put on hundreds of events that will pack your social calendar. Yes, there’s more beyond our restaurants’ fantastic food, Spa, and Wellness Center. The WAC has something no other club can match: decades of tradition, an enduring spirit, and an evolving membership that cares about our community—and the one beyond our walls.
- Business development and travel: Sixteen banquet and conference rooms, catering and meeting planning services, business networking programs, and more than 200 worldwide reciprocal clubs for professional or personal travel
- Athletics: State-of-the-art athletic facilities, including cardio equipment, multiple weight rooms, dry sauna, steam room, whirlpool, indoor running track, 25-yard swimming pool, full-size basketball court, squash, handball, racquetball, badminton and volleyball, as well as more than 85 group fitness classes per week, a Golf Club, and highly trained fitness coaches
- Recreation and rejuvenation: A Spa, Wellness Center, boutique hotel with 109 rooms and concierge, four restaurants, and more than 300 educational, cultural and traditional social events annually
The best way to fully recognize and personalize the benefits, value and quality of WAC Membership is to take a quick tour. Personal tours take about 30 minutes and are typically scheduled Monday through Friday, but we would be happy to accommodate a tour time that is most convenient for you. Please contact our Member Services Team at email@example.com or 206.464.3068 to arrange a tour. Be sure to ask about parking validation for WAC Parking. If you are unable to keep a scheduled tour appointment, we ask that you let us know as soon as possible and we would be happy to reschedule at a time of your convenience.
Our base membership is a socially oriented membership with some access to athletics. The best way to maximize your WAC Membership value is to choose our unlimited Fitness Advantage option which provides access to all five floors of fitness, including the Men’s, Women’s and Coed Fitness areas (including more than 80 group fitness classes per week). You may also select our A la Carte option and pay a daily fee.
Our membership rates vary depending on your location, age and family structure. We have different categories for a variety of options, including individuals, families, young adults under 35 years of age, and those who live and work outside the Seattle area.
We ask that two current members serve as your sponsors. If you are new to the area, or do not know any current members, our Membership & Marketing Committee can help facilitate the sponsorship process.
You are on your way: Contact Member Services via email or 206.464.3068. Our team will help answer any questions you may have. The next step is to schedule a tour of the Club. A full tour takes about 30 minutes and is a great way to get a feel for your new home away from home!
Q: How much does it cost to join the WAC?
A: The WAC offers a variety of options that take into account age, location, family status, and more. To determine what would best work for you, please contact our Member Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.464.3068 to discuss specific pricing.
Q: What does the WAC offer?
A: The Washington Athletic Club is Seattle’s premier downtown athletic and social club, offering 21 floors of athletic facilities, a boutique Inn, three dining facilities, meeting space and event planning, WeeWACs child care and endless opportunities to get involved in a variety of programs. Your basic membership includes:
- 25-yard historic pool, full gymnasium with basketball court, running track, racquet courts, locker facilities and amenities, and access to various sports leagues
- Discounted member rates for the Inn, WAC Parking, banquet and meeting rooms, the Spa and the Wellness Center
- Privileged access to more than 200 top-tier private clubs around the world
- Access to more than 300 traditional and contemporary events per year
Q: Are there any restrictions to me as a nonresident member?
A: No, you have the same privileges as a resident member.
Q: I heard you need sponsors. I don’t know any WAC members. Can I still join?
A: Of course. Many of our members join without previous ties to the Club. Applicants for Membership must be recommended by two existing Members of the Club: a primary sponsor and a secondary sponsor. We have a committee in place to welcome and act as sponsors for prospective members who don’t know a WAC member.
Q: I used to be a member not so long ago. Do I have to pay the full fee all over again?
A: We have a reinstatement program for past members interested in coming back. Please contact our Member Services Team at email@example.com or 206.464.3068 to find out more.
Q: When are applications due?
A: Member Services must receive the application, payment for fees and dues, and sponsor reference forms by the monthly application deadline. Check with Member Services for the exact date. Approved applications become effective on the first day of the following month.