WAC kids have a host of activities that are sure to get them moving and motivated. We feel that sports and recreation are an essential part of a child’s development. Opening minds, inspiring creative thinking and decision-making, and building team spirit go hand-in-hand with just letting kids be kids and have fun. We’ve helped so many children (adults, too!) learn to swim with group and private lessons through the Red Cross. And we’ve given so many children lots to smile about, throwing countless birthday parties in our Pool. It’s a lot for WAC families to get excited about.
Kidz Love Soccer at the WAC
Tuesdays this fall! Kidz Love Soccer’s coaches have been working with Seattle-area youth to develop foundational soccer skills for more than 30 years, and now they’re coming to the WAC. Full-session and drop-in options available. All full-session registrants will receive their own Kidz Love Soccer jersey. Email email@example.com for early insights or to get signed up.
- Tuesdays (September 15–November 3); $85 full session, $15 drop-in
- Tuesday mornings: 9–9:30 am, Mommy/Daddy & Me (ages 2–3.5); 9:40–10:10 am, Tot Soccer (ages 3.5–4); 10:15 am–10:45 am, Pre Soccer (ages 4–5)
- Tuesday afternoons: 3:40–4:15 pm, Tot/Pre Soccer (ages 3.5–5); 4:15–5 pm, Soccer 1 (ages 5–6); 5–5:45 pm, Soccer 2 (ages 7–10); 6–6:30 pm, Mommy/Daddy & Me (ages 2–3.5)
Saturday Junior Classes are offered in six-plus-week sessions September to June. Parents welcome.
Next session begins September 12.
- $60 first child per session; $40 each additional child in the same activity
- Adults $8 per class, $6 with enrolled child or free with Fitness Advantage
- Register by phone: 206.464.3073 ext 4086 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Judo Fun
The martial art of judo is a special form of wrestling emphasizing throws and grappling techniques. Traditions, discipline, respect and mental training are a few of its benefits. Instructor Al Alexander will teach traditions, discipline, respect and mental training benefits. Channel that excess energy into a great skill.
- Wednesdays: 6:30–8:30 pm and Saturdays: 9:30–11:30 am
- Ages 7+
- 4th Floor; Studio B
With Tom Tanaka’s expert instruction and experience, learn the basic karate punches and strikes, along with endurance, discipline and listening skills.
- Ages 5–8: Saturdays 10:15–11 am
- Ages 9+: Saturdays 11 am–12 pm, Adults welcome
- 8th Floor; Functional Training Room A
Join Will Hicks, WAC Personal Trainer, for new high-energy fitness sessions with lots of fun. This four-week series will introduce kids to introduce kids to exercise and the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
- Wednesdays 4-5 pm; Saturdays 12-1 pm
- 4-week series: $120 2x/week; $72 1x/week; $20 Drop In
- 8th Floor; Ages10-14; Functional Training Room A
Basketball Camps: Saturday Junior Basketball
Learn the game of basketball from Husky legend and professional basketball player, Donald Watts. Come out and learn basketball fundamentals, basic rules to the game and have fun shooting hoops. For the experienced hoopsters, let Coach Watts give you the tools you need to play quicker, stronger and smarter.
- Saturdays: Sign up for 7 weeks for $140; $25 Drop In.
- Ages 5-9: 9–10 am
- Ages 9-13: 10–11 am
- Personal Training: 11–noon
Children must be on a family membership to participate in any WAC Junior Classes.
Watts Basketball Personal Training
One-on-one or group training. . Watts Basketball offers Small Group and Semi-Private training to fine-tune skills for both high school and college basketball. Receive a full assessment and be informed on what needs work, where you excel, and what the varsity coaches are looking for in a player. We have worked with both high school and college coaches to put together a program that will give players a jump-start on the rest of the competition. Contact us for pricing and available times at the WAC.back to top