There’s a safe haven inside the Club for the WAC’s youngest members. WeeWACs Childcare Center provides a safe, fun, developmentally appropriate environment for preschool-age children. When you drop your kids off, anticipate high-quality, stimulating care that honors individual social, emotional, physical and cognitive development needs. Your kids will thrive in special classes designed just for them, like music and movement, cooking and crafts. And, of course, they will play, interact and learn from each other.
As a member, you can bring your children, grandchildren and guests’ children to WeeWACs for up to three hours per visit.* Reservations are required and can be made up to one month in advance. It’s a great way for your whole family to be involved in the WAC and for parents to enjoy the Club facilities knowing your kids are in good hands.
Our Teacher Qualifications are tops. The minimum requirements are:
- All of our teachers receive a thorough background check, including fingerprinting as required by the State of Washington.
- Prior to joining our team, all teachers complete a 20-hour Basic Child Development Course (STARS). Teachers are then required to complete 20 hours of continuing education in early care instruction (which is 10 more than the State requires of licensed center staff) per year. Teachers all have current CPR, Infant CPR and First Aid Certifications, as well as an HIV/Blood Borne Pathogens Certification.
Miss Shawn, the manager of WeeWACs, oversees all programs and staff. She is dedicated to creating a safe, educational and fun experience for children and developing a relationship of trust with parents. Miss Shawn’s qualifications include:
- More than 30 years’ experience working with families and young children, including owning and operating a successful pre-K program for six years before returning to the private sector.
- Five years working with at-risk teens, which included family counseling and support, as well as advocacy and policy development for youth programs.
- Miss Shawn holds a BA in Psychology and a BA in Child Development from the University of Washington. She has also earned certifications in Early Childhood Education as well as Youth and Teen Counseling.
*A nonmember surcharge applies for children of guestsback to top