Interclub competition coming to Seattle
Spectators invited to all sporting events!
A little competition between athletic clubs is nothing new, but the WAC–Olympic Club rivalry is about to reach a new level. Athletes from both clubs will compete in several sporting events on Friday and Saturday, October 12–13, with the winning club taking home the inaugural WAC–Olympic Club Cup. Competition kicks off Friday evening with women’s basketball in the 8th Floor gym. The Olympic Club women have been on a roll in this matchup, but the WAC women are ready to stop that.
Handball competition also begins Friday night, continuing through midday Saturday, and squash competitors go head-to-head throughout the day Saturday.
Women’s soccer kicks off Saturday’s events at Seattle University’s Championship Field. This match marks the first-ever WAC women’s soccer game. Men’s soccer follows.
The multisport interclub competition continues on the rugby pitch on Saturday afternoon and wraps up later Saturday back at the WAC with men’s basketball.
Friday, October 12
- 7 pm, WAC Gym, 8th Floor: Women’s basketball
- 7 pm, WAC 6th Floor courts: Handball singles
Saturday, October 13
- 8:30 am, Seattle University Championship Field: Women’s soccer (Note: Athletes’ van leaves WAC at 7:30 am)
- 10 am, WAC 6th Floor courts: Handball doubles
- 10 am, WAC 6th Floor courts: Squash singles
- 10:30 am, Seattle University Championship Field: Men’s soccer (Note: Athletes’ van leaves WAC at 9:30 am)
- 11 am, Starfire Sports in Tukwila: Men’s rugby (Note: Athletes’ van leaves WAC at 9:45 am)
- 4 pm, WAC Gym, 8th Floor: Men’s basketball
- 6 pm, WAC Crystal Ballroom, 3rd Floor: Social (by invitation only); Championship cup to be awarded
WAC-Olympic Club Cup