A phased reopening
What you need to know about WAC hours and rules
**Please note: The Clubhouse HVAC system is currently bringing in 100 percent outside air with no recirculation.**
**By state mandate, facial masks are required inside the Clubhouse.**
**WAC Garage valet service unavailable until further notice.**
Member Services hours
Lobby-level desk open Monday–Friday, 10 am–3 pm.
Members may also contact Member Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call 206.464.3068.
Torchy’s open for weekend brunch
Hours: Saturday–Sunday, 8 am–1 pm
- Brunch menu and $5 mimosas!
- Masks required except while eating/drinking.
- No reservations necessary. Only members of the same household may sit at the same table
Men’s, Women’s & Coed fitness areas set to reopen Wednesday, August 12.
**Reservations via Mindbody required.**
Click here to reserve online. Or reserve by searching “Washington Athletic Club” on the Mindbody app.
**NOTE TO USERS: August 11, 4:30 pm: Reservations via web link suggested!**
Get the app:
**State guidelines require 17 feet of distancing while exercising. Please maintain a minimum of 6 feet of social distance while moving about the area.**
See below for details and additional rules.
Men’s & Women’s Fitness (beginning 8/12)
Monday–Friday, 4 am–10 pm
Saturday, 6 am–7:30 pm
Sunday, 7 am–7:30 pm
Weekday cleaning closures: Men’s Fitness (2–2:30 pm); Women’s Fitness (2:30–3 pm)
Contact: 206.464.3091 (Men’s); 206.464.3080 (Women’s)
Coed Fitness (beginning 8/12)
Monday–Friday, 5 am–10 pm
Saturday, 6 am–7:30 pm
Sunday, 7 am–7:30 pm
Weekday cleaning closure: 1:30–2 pm
Contact: 206.464.3098, email@example.com
- Members and Inn at the WAC guests only. All users must complete a COVID-19 waiver. Face masks and social distancing required.
- All users must make reservations through the Mindbody app or website. Reservations will open on Tuesday, August 11.
- Fifty-minute time slots will start on the hour. Maximum of two reservations per week per member. Reservations accepted two weeks in advance.
- State-mandated occupancy limits in each area. If an area is at capacity, users will be asked to move to an available space or wait in the Noble Room on the lobby level.
- No age restrictions, but it is recommended that high-risk individuals do not participate and that those over age 65 workout between 9–11 am.
- Areas closed 30 minutes each weekday for deep cleaning.
- All users will be issued a spray bottle of disinfectant and a towel and are required to clean all equipment and surfaces after contact.
- Bring your own water bottle.
- Locker rooms closed except to pick up items from lockers and for hand washing.
- Saunas, steam rooms, and hot tubs closed.
- No showers!
For information on virtual personal training, please contact Maureen Fellez. Virtual personal training is set to begin September 1.
Hours: Open Monday–Friday, 11:30 am–8 pm; happy hour drink specials daily, 3–7 pm.
Dine in at Hagerty’s or enjoy curbside pickup. Lunch menu available all day. Dinner and appetizers available beginning at 5 pm. Text your order for curbside pickup to 425.409.2060. Text “curbside” to the number to receive the menu.
Masks required except while eating/drinking.
Based on state guidelines: Same-household groups up to five allowed at one table. Otherwise, individual seating. Some table arrangements may allow for conversation between those dining together but not of same household. Members allowed to bring only one guest per visit.
No cash accepted. Fifty percent seating capacity. Six-foot distancing between tables. All seating first come, first served with self-seating. No seating at the bar counter. No standing to eat or drink.
Inn at the WAC open
Overnight rooms available. Daily use rooms available as remote office or workspace. Click for more information and to reserve.
Helene Madison Pool open
Operating guidelines and temporary hours.
**IMPORTANT NOTE: The pool has been experiencing a number of no-shows from members who have reserved lanes for lap swim. The Club is trying to accommodate as many swimmers as possible while dealing with COVID-19 capacity restrictions. Please be respectful toward your fellow members and cancel your appointment in MindBody if you cannot make your scheduled time. Members who repeatedly fail to make scheduled appointments will lose pool privileges.**
Temporary pool schedule:
Lap swim: Monday–Friday, 5–10 am; Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, 11 am–8 pm; Tuesday, 12–8 pm; Saturday–Sunday, 6 am–12 pm
Water exercise: Monday, 10–11 am (Deepwater Aqua Fit); Wednesday, 10– 11 am (Shallow Aqua Fit); Thursday, 10–11 am (Restorative Aqua Fit); Friday, 10–11 am (Aqua Boot Camp)
Family swim: Tuesday, 10 am–12 pm; Saturday–Sunday, 12–8 pm*
*Please note: Due to state-mandated changes in capacity limits, only two Family Swim lanes will be available at a time.
The WAC truly appreciates your patience and understanding as we go through the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Pool Safe Start procedures and rules
- All users require a reservation. Reserve through the Mindbody app. To do this, download the Mindbody app and search “Washington Athletic Club.” You must set up a Mindbody account (this is not attached to your WAC account). Click here for detailed instructions.
- Members and Inn guests only
- Due to a high number of “no-shows,” members will lose reservation privileges for two weeks after the second occurrence. Appointments are considered a “no-show” at 10 minutes past the hour. Three-hour notice required for cancellations. Cancellations can be made through the MindBody system or by calling the pool at 206.464.3086.
- Maximum 50 minutes per reservation during lap and family swim.
- Maximum one reservation per day for lap swim. Maximum three reservations per week. One lap swimmer per lane.
- Maximum one reservation for Family Swim weekly. Family lanes only for families who have been quarantined together.
- Water exercise classes will have a maximum of five participants and pre-registration is required.
- Please do not come to the Club if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- All users will be required to sign a COVID-19 waiver, bring their own water bottle, observe social distancing, and depart after their session.
- Towels distributed by Aquatics staff.
- Locker rooms and showers available. No amenities or towels available. Please don’t linger.
- Masks required while not in pool or shower.
- If you arrive at the WAC early, please wait in the Noble Room until your scheduled time.
- Members over age 65 and COVID-19 high-risk individuals are discouraged from using the pool at this time.
For more information, please email Darin Barr.
Spa at the WAC open
Open Monday–Friday, 10 am–6 pm; Saturday, 9 am–5 pm; Sunday, massage only: 9 am–5 pm. Open for massage Monday, 10 am–4 pm; Tuesday, 2–6 pm; Saturday–Sunday 9 am–5 pm. Appointments required. No walk-ins. Book with firstname.lastname@example.org or online at wac.net/spa.
No cash accepted. Clients will automatically be charged 20 percent gratuity. All clients will be required to take their own temperature prior to service. Masks must be worn by all members/clients. Open for hair, nails, facials, massage, some waxing, spray tans, and lash tinting. No blow-drying or multiple processes. Please do not arrive early for appointments. If you arrive early, please wait in the Noble Room on the lobby level.
No cash accepted. Clients will automatically be charged 20 percent gratuity. All clients will be required to take their own temperature prior to service. Masks must be worn by all members/clients. No shaves or in-person shoe shines. Maximum of two clients in the Barbershop. Please do not arrive early for appointments. If you arrive early, please wait in the Noble Room on the lobby level.
One-on-one personal training and Pilates open
Masks required. One-on-one personal training and Pilates by appointment only. No showers available. Social distancing in effect. Clients must sign COVID-19 waiver. Please bring your own water bottle. If you arrive early, please wait in the Noble Room on the lobby level.
Wellness Center open
Open for physical therapy Monday–Friday, 7 am–6 pm; closed weekends. Appointments required. No walk-ins.
Open for naturopathic services Mondays, 10 am–3 pm. Appointments required. No walk-ins.
Torchy’s Den open
Open 8 am–8 pm daily for use as a drop-in work area. No food or beverage service available.
Groups and meetings of up to five people allowed.
WAC Garage open
Open 24 hours, seven days a week. Has remained open throughout. Parking page.
—This page will be updated as new information becomes available. Last updated August 12, 2020; DM.