Nutrition: New Fall Smoothie!
Featuring our new fall smoothie from the 8th Floor WAC Café, The Jolt!
WAC Dietitian and Wellness Coach Alysse Anderegg recommends the autumnal shake as a healthy breakfast option or post-exercise recovery meal. Here are the essential components of this morning delicacy.
- Cinnamon: This super spice offers powerful antioxidants that help fight off inflammation
- Espresso: For that much needed AM buzz
- Almond butter: Healthy fat that keeps you full until lunch
- Egg white protein powder: This complete protein offers all the amino acids essential for building muscle
- Banana: Makes for a creamy smoothie and replenishes glycogen stores after sleep and exercise.
Start your day off right with The Jolt (contains around 450 calories and 30 grams of protein).
—Posted October 23, 2019