Erin was certified in Hatha Yoga by the Pyramid Yoga Center (Koh Pha Ngan, Thailand) in 2007. She was recommended as a Licensed Anusara Inspired Instructor in 2011 and is a Registered Yoga Alliance Teacher. Erin continues to practice yoga with Denise Benitez and to practice meditation under the guidance of Paul Muller-Ortega. It is Erin’s devotion to her practice paired with her background in dance and Masters Degree in Social Work that allows her to offer her unique gifts of clarity and ease.
Shedding the heaviness, darkness and withdrawal of the past and becoming a more authentic and vibrant version of herself has been Erin’s yogic journey. It is her passion to facilitate this journey for others. Erin’s classes and speaking events combine heart-centered, inspiring themes with clear, specific instruction to awaken the body, mind and spirit. Her steady voice and lighthearted humor add to the overall experience.
Erin is the founder of Awakened Heart Yoga, an online resource for inspiration, healthy living and support for those struggling with anxiety and depression. She offers online courses, free tips, a free podcast and a blog where people can come together as a community to learn from and support one another.
- Why Yoga Should Be Your Breaktime Activity
- Time is precious. We all have a few minutes in the day that we can choose to use for life-enhancing purposes. A 5 or 10 minute yoga break can mean the difference between being anxious and distracted or calm and focused for the rest of the day.
- Radical Relaxation
- Yoga Nidra is an ancient and sacred practice of profound relaxation that melts tension on all levels: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Sleeping does not resolve all of our tension. By remaining awake and alert during this systematic, guided relaxation process, you allow for relaxation to penetrate all levels of your being. Yoga Nidra has been used to manage stress, insomnia, anxiety and a number of other issues.
- Yoga for Computer Use Related Issues
- Using a computer for extended periods of time can drastically affect neck and shoulder alignment, low back health and wrist/hand mobility. Physical discomfort and misalignment impacts mood, concentration, and stress-levels. With a few simple poses, you can counteract these affects and reclaim physical freedom.