Julie Vieselmeyer, M.A., is a sport and performance psychology consultant based in the greater Seattle area. Julie provides services for individuals, groups, and teams and has been a featured speaker at Washington Athletic Club events, Rocky Mountain Triathlon Club, and the Falcon Running Camp, and many more.
She has consulted with many local high school and collegiate teams competing in track & field, cross country, lacrosse, rowing, basketball, soccer, and swimming and is a certified USA Track & Field and USA Triathlon Coach.
Julie Vieselmeyer received her bachelor’s degree from Seattle Pacific University. She earned her master’s degree in sport and performance psychology from the University of Denver, culminating in a research project entitled A Study of Triathletes: The Relationship between training variables, motivation, and subjective well-being. Her expertise played an integral role in development of a coaching education program for Denver Public Schools. She is continuing her doctoral studies in clinical psychology.
Her professional interests include sport psychology, motivation, emotion & learning, health psychology, coaching education, and studies on well-being and life satisfaction. Additionally, she maintains an active role in the American Psychological Association (APA), Division 47-Sport & Exercise Psychology and the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP).
Julie still competes in triathlons and marathons. Additionally, she is an accomplished pianist that still performs occasionally. In her spare time she enjoys reading, cooking, and traveling.
In 2013, Julie expanded services through Flourish, a sport and performance consulting company to offer a wider range of mental skills training and services to help athletes and performers enhance life satisfaction. Contact Julie at email@example.com or 206.859.9881 or http://www.flourishandlive.com.
- Personal Development
- Being Comfortable With Being Uncomfortable: A Developmental Supervision Model Incorporating Video in Applied Sport and Performance Psychology Training
- Model Incorporating Video in Applied Sport and Performance Psychology Training
- A Study of Triathletes: The Relationship Between Training Variables and Motivation
- Stronger in the Off-Season
- Mental Skills for Finishing Strong
- Image of Potential
- Mental Skills of Success
- De-Mystifying Performance Psychology for Musicians
- Rituals, Routines, and Racing
- An Evening of Sports Psychology: Mental Skills for Success
- A Mental Skills Training Group
- Coaching for Excellence