Michael Lindfield is a highly respected consultant and executive coach with over 40 years of international experience in working with individuals and organizations to unleash the creative power of the human spirit. He enjoys supporting people who are at significant crossroads in their personal and professional lives and are searching for new direction, inspiration and viable practices to help them thrive and achieve more productive and meaningful ways to be of service.
Michael brings a deep understanding of organizational and human dynamics from a whole-system perspective that – together with his gift for uncovering the real questions that live at the heart of any issue- helps clients lead and manage their personal and business endeavors with greater clarity, wisdom and success within today’s interdependent and ever-changing world.
Michael learned his craft from a broad range of experiences that include:
- Working as a senior organization development consultant with The Boeing Company from 1989-2005- introducing innovative methods for large-scale change of the business and people systems, coaching individuals and teams in break-through and systems thinking and assisting clients in creating the right cultural conditions for success.
- Serving as Director of Education, co-founder of the Cullerne Garden School and a key member of the Leadership Team during a 14-year residency at the Findhorn Foundation (the renowned international community in northern Scotland seeking to build a viable and sustainable society by applying shared core values in all
aspects of daily group life).
- Providing executive coaching and career counseling to help people connect the inner and the outer aspects of their chosen personal and professional path by aligning purpose and passion with competencies and skills to increase their capacity to more effectively meet client needs as well as the challenges of today’s society—thus
resulting in a greater sense of self-fulfillment.
- Practicing small-scale organic farming in western Sweden where the community employed 600-year old traditional earth-friendly methods based on the natural science of living systems.
- Offering organization and leadership development, training, coaching and facilitation services through Lindfield & Associates to clients (senior leadership teams, key initiatives and project teams) in health care, state and local government, schools, nonprofits and technology companies.
- Acting as VP of Consulting Services for Our Best Work—a talent-management lifecycle
resource for businesses and professionals to help create the workforce of the future.
- Working as an Associate of the Center for Ethical Leadership in Seattle.
- Serving as a facilitator and curriculum development team member of Leadership Eastside’s 3-year community leadership program.
- Conducting seminars and presenting at conferences around the world on the psychological and process-based requirements and implications for groups and individuals in successfully leading, managing and sustaining change initiatives.
- Co-founded The Science of Group Work Initiative (Rome, Seattle and Sao Paulo) in 2013 as a global resource committed to helping grow healthy organizations that can be a ‘force for good’ in the world.
Michael is author of ‘The Dance of Change: an eco-spiritual approach to transformation’ (Penguin Books 1986) and numerous articles featured in psychology, education and business journals. In addition to his consulting and coaching practice, he also serves as Board President of Meditation Groups Inc, located at Meditation Mount in Ojai, California.
Michael is committed to living a balanced, healthy, and service-oriented life. He finds renewal through trail running, cycling, gardening and engaging in peer learning opportunities as well as listening to the piano music of Bach, Chopin, Schubert, Haydn, and Bill Evans.
- Lifestyle/Quality of Life/Transitions
Mind Body Fitness
Productivity & Innovation
- Creative Meditation: the Key to Inner Fitness and Health
- Recent scientific research into the functioning of the brain has shown how the regular practice of meditation can increase our capacity for creative thinking while significantly reducing stress levels within our physical, emotional and mental bodies.
- Much emphasis is now rightly being placed on the need for healthy living and consequently, many people are choosing to change their diets, enroll in a variety of exercise programs or take a yoga class. There is however, another practice that can be added to our daily training regime that will help create the desired optimal conditions of health: namely that of meditation. The age-old science of meditation allows us to tap and utilize a reservoir of inner resources that can enrich our lives on many levels. There is now a real opportunity for each of us through a combination of physical exercise, right living and meditation, to create a successful training program for the whole person that can truly sustain us as we face the daily challenges of living in a fast-paced world.
- This presentation introduces and explores some basic principles and proven techniques of creative meditation that can be applied immediately to help achieve measurable results.
- Thriving at Work: Skills for staying Sane and Centered while traveling at the Speed of Business
- Many business professionals are now confronting the painful issue of how best to survive as the result of experiencing extreme ‘burn-out’. This may have been caused by a personal health crisis, a breakdown of relationships where family, colleagues and friends are not receiving the necessary nourishment of time and attention or simply a feeling of emptiness where nothing makes sense any more. For some strange reason, we have been attempting to sprint the length of a marathon at full speed while juggling a variety of family, work, social and individual needs and pressures in a bid to be successful. It is not surprising then that this way of functioning in the world is proving to be a non-sustainable and an unhealthy way of living and, as a result, we are paying the price.
- This presentation addresses the challenges of living into today’s complex, high-speed and technology-driven world and explores how we can move from a state of ‘survival’ to one of ‘thrival’. It also offers a suite of practical ‘thrival’ tools and ways to engage more positively and authentically in the workplace and at home so that our life is more balanced and rewarding: both professionally and personally.
- Life Shift: Moving beyond Success to a life of Significance
- There appears to be a natural evolution in the careers of many highly accomplished individuals that causes them to shift their reference point from success to significance with a realization that, as they grow older, it’s more important to feed the soul than the ego and more rewarding to serve others than just oneself.
- I sincerely believe that we each wish to know that our lives count for something and that we are contributing to and serving something larger than ourselves. This basic human need for meaning and belonging is a powerful driver within the human psyche. It takes courage and clarity to stop and question the many individual and collective beliefs that dictate what success should look like. It then takes even more courage and clarity to dare to follow our dreams by wholeheartedly engaging in those things that nourish the soul and not just the ego.
- This presentation explores ways in which our notion of ‘success’ can be redefined and how we can hit the ‘refresh’ button to bring ourselves more into alignment with our deeply held values so that we may achieve our highest goals and make a positive difference in the lives of those around us.