Stuart Eivers, DPT, OSC
Stuart Eivers is the clinical director of MTI at the Washington Athletic Club. Stuart received his Masters in Physical Therapy in 1992 from Chapman University. He completed a residency program ORTHOPEDIC Manual Therapy with the OLA Grimsby Institute in 1997 and received his Doctor of Physical Therapy in 2000. His dissertation topic was about exercise in patients with herniated lumbar discs. He became a board certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist active with the Seattle Orthopedic Interest Group (OSIG) and teaching/consulting at the University of Washington’s Physical Therapy program. He has taught over a dozen student interns over the past 14 years and numerous courses to physical therapists and other health care professionals. Stuart has focused his practice on sports and spine injuries.
- Corporate Wellness
- Back and Neck Pain
- This presentation discusses the natural progression (etiology) of untreated back and neck pain in the workplace and in the home as well as its effects economically and occupationally. The benefits of early intervention and prevention will also be addressed.
- Repetitive Strain Syndrome
- This presentation reviews the pathophysiology of RSI and its causes. Treatment options and prevention including exercise, manual therapy, ergonomics and nutrition will be discussed.
- Workplace Ergonomics
- This presentation provides an illuminating review of typical stressors in the work place that lead to injury followed by the ABC’s of workplace modifications and prevention program design.
back to top
- Stuart Eivers discusses the financial impact of Wellness programs on the workplace, and explores successful program design and implementation case studies.